- The objectives of the flexible learning sessions are to provide students with time to engage with their community-based project and be exposed to different perspectives on the theories and concepts explored in class.
After completing this session, you should be able to:
- Consider how behavior, identity and action is shaped by and shapes an individual's efforts to engage in positive change in the food system.
Required Readings and Resources
- READING: Bradley, K., & Herrera, H. (2016). Decolonizing Food Justice: Naming, Resisting, and Researching Colonizing Forces in the Movement. Antipode, 48(1), 97–114. Retrieved through the UBC Library Website.
- MODULE: Power + Privilege. Engaged Scholarship. University of Memphis
- WATCHING: A Guerilla Gardener in South Central LA (Ron Finley)